Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Resilience!

My workouts have been on the elliptical machine for about the last week. No knee pain or anything. I also have been doing more leg, arm, and ab strengthening. I will probably continue this for about another week and then ease back into running again. I am pretty sure I am not going to even attempt the Lincoln half but there is a slight possibility that I could change my mind if running goes well. It wouldn't be the worst thing if I only ran 10 miles of the race and walked the rest. Only time will tell what the future has in store. In the mean time I remain optomistic!

On a different note, a word that I have been incorporating into my life a lot lately is resilient. It is so fascinating how anytime I have something negative go on I just think "have resilience" and I am easily able to move on. For example, something bothers me in the office. Nothing really bad or unfair happens at my work but I find myself focusing too much on a single negative moment. Now I just think "have resilience" and surprisingly I am able to move on and forget about it. I even put a post it on my desk that says BE RESILIENT.

The reason I came up with this new phrase is because my boss brought up the fact that there is a difference between academic intelligence and emotional intelligence. Many people are able to succeed in school or jobs but have a hard time with relationships and personal situations. I was telling my boss about a certain someone that I deal with from time to time and my boss said, "they lack emotional intelligence." I have never thought about this kind of intelligence. I went on the internet and started reading about it and thought I could use some of the information for myself. That is where I started using the word resilient. A simple article on the internet might have changed the way I handle situations from this point on. I just had to blog about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment