Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Progress

My training started last week and lets just say it is not going like I want it to. I mentioned before that my knee would start hurting after a mile into the run. Well, things haven't changed much to my disappointment. I think I need to ease into running more slowly and strength train. This puts a stop to my half marathon training program for right now but I am not going to stop running completely. There is a half marathon 6 weeks later than the one I was planning to run. It's in Chicago and my cousin is actually training to run that one as well. If my strength training and additional rest days help ease me back into a harder schedule, then I will definately run it with her. I am not going to get my hopes up too much because this pain might not disappear like I would like it too and I am already pretty bummed about this surprise pain that is delaying my training plan. It's a win win situation though in my opinion. If I can't run in Chicago, it just gives me a great opportunity to visit family and cheer on my cousin. Tonight is a run night so wish me luck that my knee feels good!

My ultimate plan was to run these two half marathons and then move on to a different type of exercise. After completion of the half marathons, I am going to get certified to teach exercise classes. I have a few types of classes that I would like to instruct but I have not narrowed down my choices to one. I have a CPR class scheduled because I know that you need to be CPR certified. Then I have a couple people I need to contact who already instruct so they can guide me on the best way to increase my knowledge and what I need to know for the test. Different websites say different things about books and study courses. I just don't want to get sucked into spending $500 on books that won't help me or taking unecessary courses. So my summer will be full of learning and exercise fun!

Happy healthy living to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment