Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Events

Well first of all my friend Allison’s wedding turned out wonderful and the bride was happy! I mentioned before that I was super excited to give her my gift…well not so much the gift but the card because I cross-stitched it. I really wish I had a picture of the card because I was going to post it on my blog but I never took one. I am bad with taking pictures because I don’t think to take them until it's too late. Basically the card had a couple roses with the word love. I also personalized it by stitching their initials and the date of their wedding. She loved it and is going to frame it. I also got her a silver ware set that was on her registry. I went to Bed, Bath Beyond with something else in mind but somebody else bought it before I got there. It was perfect though because she was talking about her registries and mentioned she is most excited to get the Symphony silverware set from BBB and that she saw someone bought it. That someone was me and it took a lot for me not to blurt out that I was the one who bought it for her. Here is me with the beautiful bride :)


Since getting back from Texas on July 12th we have been doing a whole lot of nothing. We were so drained from going to Chicago then immediately having company for 3 weeks then immediately going to Texas that we wanted to rest. LOL! I mostly think of things to cook during my days at work and
then spend a chunk of the evening cooking. We go for walks, do a little shopping here and there, and I have been working on my other cross-stitch a whole lot while watching TV. Streaming Netflix is not the greatest invention for people who easily get sucked into watching TV. That is why we don’t have TIVO or cable. I must say that I love Netflix though because it’s like having your own personal blockbuster on your computer and then it magically appears on your TV after you pick the movie or TV show. I have a love/hate relationship with Netflix. Trevor and I have been watching Nip/Tuck lately and it’s one of those addicting shows.


This past weekend was Trevor's birthday...Happy Birthday Boo! We went out with the gang to Buzzard Billies for dinner on Saturday night which serves Cajun type food and hit the Starlight Lounge afterward. The Starlight Lounge is a flash to the past type bar. It’s décor looks like the Brady Bunch’s living room so it’s pretty neat. They serve all sorts of martinis, classic mixed drinks, different types of Scotch and pretty much anything. I had a dirty martini which is my personal favorite and a Ruby Red martini. It was really good and had sugar on the rim. Then of course things got crazy and one of his friend’s bought a round of tequila shots. Oh dear. So after that we invited everyone to come back to our apartment and it was a lot of fun. Trevor had a great time serving his Prickly Pear drink and it was a hit! But then Sunday morning came and lets just say I haven’t had a hangover like that for a loooong time. Oh my goodness, I feel like I have so much more to write but I will save that for next time! I gotta catch up on my posts.

Me and my baby at the Starlight Lounge and then Trevor with his bright pink prickly pear juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment