Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flying

So this summer is flying by! It's almost mid July and I can't believe it. The last 3 weeks have been busy with company. Trevor's family from Vermont came into town and stayed with us almost a full three weeks. Yes, I know what everyone is thinking. That's a long time! Well it was but we managed to have a lot of fun and Trevor got to spend time with his family without too much drama. We went to South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore and the Badlands. Then we went here and there in Lincoln finding new places that I have never even heard of. A couple of my faves would be Rocket Fizz. Thats a place with over 500 soda flavors and over 1000 candies including ones from back in the day when our parents went to the candy store. My kind of place I must say. Also we found this place....I am blanking on the name...but it's so cute. You can go in and knit or needle point and enjoy the little cafe. Since I knit and needle point, I am loving this hole in wall place. And if I need help on a stitch or pattern, there are experts there to help. I will certainly be spending much of my winter there if I am still in Lincoln. I will finally be able to have help making the afghan I have been working. And boy do I need help because I am stuck!

So Trevor's family left just in time for us to have two catch up days before we leave for Texas. That's right, today after work we will be driving to Texas because I am a bridesmaid in my friend Allison's wedding. I am really excited but I am also praying all goes well for her since there have been some hiccups this week. I have a feeling it will work out wonderfully. I am also really excited because tomorrow I get to meet my friend Leslie's new baby Rylan. The added bonus is my friend Brandy will be in town with her baby Avery and another friend Liz can come too! It will be kind of like old times minus a few people. And with babies! Last but not least I will get to spend some QT with the fam and that is always fun.

So I just need to get to 4:00pm and my jam packed 4 day weekend begins. Oh, and I can't wait to give Allison her gift but I will talk more about that later since she may read this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment