Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Exercise is fun!

So lately Trevor and I have been doing a lot of activities outdoors including taking walks, roller blading (and flying down a hill uncontrollably...scary), biking, and my favorite lately, tennis. Trevor was a pro in high school and won the winning match in his senior year state competition. Pretty impressive! So he has a lot of tennis gear and we wanted to make some use of it. We play at a nearby apartment complex that always has an empty court. At first I wasn't the biggest fan because I just couldn't make the ball go where I wanted it to but Trevor taught me some good tricks. We also bought some foam type balls that are easy to practice with when you are starting out. Now I can't get enough even though it's so hot, humid and sunny lately. Yesterday was an exception though and we took advantage. It was even a little chilly as we stepped out at 7:30pm. I had such a great time and am even getting a little competitive.

Now I have a big appreciation for tennis pros because it is way harder than it looks. Let me just say I really know why they make those grunting noises as they hit the ball. It takes a lot of effort to get that ball over the net sometimes. I laughed so hard the first time I made some sort of noise as I hit the ball because it was so on accident and it kinda surprised me...lol. I also feel like my right arm is so much stronger than my left and I have blisters on my hand. It's all worth it though because I am having so much fun. We will see how long this lasts but I would love to get really good at it. I have got to take advantage of the next month or so because the warm weather days will be gone before I know it.

I also have joined Jazzercise because Groupon offered a really great deal for two months of unlimited classes. I also have a studio less than a mile from my apartment. For those of you who don't know, Groupon is an awesome way to get some deals in your city. My cousin is the one who told me about it. All you do is sign up for free and everyday you receive an email with the daily discount. I got two months of unlimited classes for $39 and that was 70% off regular price. Pretty cool. I am also really happy because I was going to the YMCA for group exercise and their classes are pretty lame. I used to take classes in Texas that were so fun and more challenging but I guess Lincoln is a bit behind in the exercise department. Jazzercise is just what I needed to add a little boost of fun in my workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment