Monday, June 14, 2010

Chicago Weekend

It is almost noon on Monday and I am sipping my second cup of coffee. I usually never drink two cups in one day but I can't seem to wake up. I feel like I could lay my head down on my desk and fall fast asleep until 4pm rolls around. I am the only one in the office today and it is quiet. Hmmm....maybe I could take a nap. Haha, I could never do it.

I had a wonderful weekend in Chicago with family. We did a lot in 2.5 days and that is probably why I'm sleepy. We drove out to Chicago Thursday after a short day at work and arrived around 10:30pm. We made good time! Friday morning we went out for breakfast at Moon Dance Cafe with my Aunt Maureen and then Trevor and I hit a few spots in LaGrange, IL. We visited my Grandma and Mom's old house where I spent many summer vacations. Then we went to My Grandpa's Store which is a little candy store that I used to walk to. And lastly we went to Hot Rags which is a hippie/indie type store that has all sorts of fun things. I was happy it was still there.

After reminiscing we met up with my cousin Lindsay and went shopping and we ate at Portillo's. Mmmmm, yummy. Trevor had his first Italian Beef ever and I had a chili cheese dog and a chocolate cake shake. We also drove around looking at some pretty amazing houses and even drove through the surprisingly beautiful campus of Hamburger College for future McDonald's executives I guess. Then it was back to my Aunt Beth's house to see my Grandma, cousin Lisa, her husband Matt, and her two precious little boys, Logan and Meyer. So cute!! We ate pizza and had a water gun fight. I don't know who had more fun, Logan or Trevor...lol. We also got to witness Meyer walking (not for the first time but close to it).

Afterward, we drove to the city to stay at my cousin Lindsay's apartment. We went to a bar called Hop Leaf and then called it a night. Lindsay's apartment is too cute by the way. Saturday was another early day. We met with my cousin Laura and went on a Seadog speedboat ride for some thrills and to get a tour of Chicago from Lake Michigan. Then we walked to the Hancock Center and went up to the 95th floor to have a drink in The Signature Room. Too bad it was really cloudy and we could barely see out the window. Then it was back to Lindsay's apartment to drink some more and play games until it was time for the Andersonville Street Fest. We had some good food and listened to some tunes before calling it a night. Fun day!

Sunday was our last day. Lisa was running the half marathon early and she did an awesome job by the way making a new PR for herself! We met up with her and more family afterward and ate at Moon Dance Cafe again before hitting the road back to Lincoln. We had a wonderful time and thanks to all my Chicago family for bringing us in and showing us around!

No comments:

Post a Comment