Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to it!

Wow, it's been a long time since I updated and I have a reason. I started this blog to write about my training for the half marathon I was planning to run with my cousin in Chicago. Well, much to my disappointment, I had to stop training due to shin splints in both legs (worse on my right). Before that I was having issues with the ankle I twisted a couple years ago and my knee. Needless to say, upping mileage was not agreeing with me in time to be ready for the half marathon :( So I have avoided this blog since the purpose of it is gone. But I have suddenly become motivated to write again so I am going to take full advantage.

Today is Sunday and it's a sun shiny beautiful day! Here in a little while, my boyfriend and I are going to bike to the library which is about 4+ miles away. I just finished reading Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah recommended to me by the 75 year old retired minister at my office. He may be 75 but this guy has so much energy and is completely entertaining and cracks me up! Too bad he only visits every once in a while. The book was not too bad....a bit boring at first but livened up to a page turner by the end. This book also had a hard act to follow. The Help by Kathryn Stockett was recommended by my Aunt Beth and it was one of the best books that I have read. That's not too much to say for me personally because I haven't read that many books in my life but I am getting into it now. After my Aunt heard how much I enjoyed the book, she recommended Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. So I will be picking that up at the library today along with Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Julia Roberts is set to star in Eat, Pray, Love and she is one of my favorite actors. Did I mention I love books that are also made into movies? The Help is being filmed as we speak I believe and I can't wait until it comes out!

So now I must slather myself in some sunblock and get ready for the bike ride. I am not that big a fan of bike riding because it is uncomfortable for the butt bones. But every once in a while i will go out on a ride with my boyfriend because he enjoys it. Plus I must get a lot of use out of the $400 bike he bought me when I moved to Nebraska! The last time I had a bike was in my early teen years and I don't remember it being uncomfortable then. Bike riding is a great workout for the legs too, but my legs are so sore today. Trevor's co worker let him borrow the Insanity Fit Test CD. I don't know if anyone has seen the Insanity infomercial but it's basically a workout for the insane. We did the fit test cd yesterday and boy are my legs sore! I think I will stick to my regular working out which I will discuss some other time. Ok, time to ride!

2 comments:

  1. Eat, Pray, Love is one of my favorite books ever : ) Can't WAIT to see the movie!! I love Julia too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sorry for the redundant comment, yesterday it said it wouldn't let me post but obviously Blogger lied! Love you!

    ReplyDelete